Thursday, December 2, 2010

Possibilities

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CLOUDS SPREAD ACROSS THE SKY LIKE FAT, FLUFFY MARSHMALLOWS,  EXCEPT FOR a little hole showing a patch of blue sky. As I was driving, I kept looking at that blue hole and looking at that blue hole. I reminded me of something. Hmmm. It reminds me of the little opening I am making  to allow good things to come to me. I'd like it to be bigger tomorrow because it'll show me I'm allowing even more into my life.

                                                                                      .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

WORK. Ron called me at work today. He recommended me to his manager for a position that doesn't exist yet. Wasn't that nice? And she's exactly the kind of manager I want to work for. In fact, her name floated up in my consciousness yesterday for some reason. That's when I decided I'd like to work for her. I'm not telling anyone because I don't want to hear how it's impossible, there are no job openings, there is no head count, there is no position, no one with my skills has ever worked there before, etc. I'm just going to sit here and quietly imagine it and create it and pretend it. In fact, I've been driving to her building for the last several mornings, parking in the lot and then imagining me walking into the building (because I work there), using my badge to get into another section of the building (because I work there), turning the corner and entering my office (because I work there). Sigh. Fun. I already know a couple people in that department & have done some work for them over the years & I adore them. Perfect! I'll keep you posted.

He also mentioned a couple other areas that may need someone with my skills. One area I am not so interested in because people would look at me more like an IRS agent. That wouldn't feel good and that's not who I am. But Ron asked me to be open about it. Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Funny, my manager said exactly the same words to me on Tuesday about a group across the street. Breathe in. Breathe out. OK. I'm open.

And then Ron mentioned a different group I'm not familiar with. And at this very moment in time, they are looking at training at a world-wide corporate level, to ensure it is common among sites, establishing competency, etc. Oooooo! All the things I'm real pushy about.

Wow. A week ago when I was handed my we-don't-need-you-any-more-white-envelope, job prospects looked hopeless. Now, a week and a half later, there may be four possibilities.

I believe the Universe conspires to assist me...and here is the evidence...and there'll be more.

This approach is so much better than immediately sending out resumes from a place of fear, anger and desperation.

Life just gets better and better.

May delicious possibilities surround you today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment