Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Wish List

OH BOY! OH, BOY! OH, BOY! CHRISTMAS IS COMING AND THAT MEANS LOTS AND lots of presents...to give.

I LOVE GIVING PRESENTS! It's my favorite hobby! Sometimes I spend hourzzz thinking about just the right gift to just the right friend. Uh, maybe I should stop thinking and start buying presents. I haven't bought one yet this year. YIKES!

And oh, if I have time, wrapping it playfully is just as much fun as picking it out.


Well, here's my wish list. No! No! Not for you to run out and buy me anything, but to introduce you to places and products you may not know about:

§  IsabellaCatalog.com
     --  Personal salt crystal lamp with USB port so you can breathe in all those lovely negative ions while working on your computer.
     --  E-cloth Kitchen Pack to clean clean clean in a gentle (not mean) way.
     --  Everlasting Organic Vanilla. Yuh know I love to bake and to make my on vanilla...[swoon].
     --  Original Spaghetti Scrub--Gentle & Original Spaghetti Scrub--Coarse to really wash pots and pans, instead of just spreading all that mold around that's in the sponge...YUCK! 
     --  Seven Year Pen--Red that last, uh, seven years, so you don't fill the landfill; plus it's red...oooo...pretty.


§  Way of Life (health food store & gift shop) on 41st Avenue, Capitola, CA
     --  Lavera Mango Milk Shampoo & Conditioner. I've heard rave review where even hair stylists are asking, "What ARE you putting in your hair?" because the results are so lovely.


§  Widu.com
     --  Round wooden bristle styling brush. It's so good for your hair that your scalp will smile and your hair will shine. 


§  Amazon.com
     --  The Invitation – Boxed Set by Oriah Mountain Dreamer. I've got to know more about the woman who penned The Invitation poem I sent you earlier.

     --  Autobiography of Mark Twain Vol. 1 by Mark Twain, published 11/15/10. I always hated when clever people asked me, "What person, dead or alive, would you most like to have dinner with?" I never had an answer. I mean if they're alive and I want to have dinner with them, I call them up. And if they're dead, how are we going to kvetch over bouillabaisse? But I've heard about Mark Twain's new autobiography, which he wrote himself (hence the "auto") and stipulated that it could not be published until 100 years after his death. Well, the 100 years are up and his book is out. I have one of his quotes on my wall at work:  If you have to swallow a frog, don't look at it too long. Can't wait to read an entire book written by him.

     --  A book by Sue Monk Kidd. I read a blurb about one of her books and she sounds like a thoughtful author I'd like to read.

     --  And Winter Came CD by Enya. LOVE her dreamy music.


What are you hoping Santa will leave you under the tree this year?

May abundance surround you today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment