Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fun At Work

I  NOTICED TODAY THAT BIRDS FLY LEFT TO RIGHT OVER THE FREEWAY AS I drive to work in the morning. They fly in twos and threes and groups. Always left to right. I wonder why?

                                                                            .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
WORK.  It's important for me to have fun at work. After all, I spend spend more time at the office than I do at home. Lately, it's been a challenge to find "happy" at work. I've had to consciously look for the good so I've started a list: 
  • Pandora.com:  a free internet radio station that plays the music I like (piano solos by George Winston; original songs by Keiko Matsui, smooth jazz keyboardist and composer; the haunting vocals of Enya).
  • Tiny birds singing their sweet song to me as I walk from my car to the building.
  • Quotes from Mark Twain:  "If you have to eat a frog, don't look at it too long."
                                                                            .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

WORK. No one calls any more. No one sends me emails. It's hard to feel any energy or interest in completing projects. It seems a lot of the projects I was working on no longer need to be done. I want to turn this around somehow so that I feel what I do is of value here.

                                                                            .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

WORK.  Whew! I found a new project to focus on. I've decided to update tons of my documents, presentations and class materials and send them to people in different areas and groups before I leave. That way, all my knowledge and experience isn't lost. I'm happy now. This is important. No one has thought of it yet. And it's a huge project that will keep my busy for months.

What makes you feel like you make a difference at work?

May fun surround you today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment