Sunday, December 12, 2010

Trinity

This is what happened on Saturday, December 11, 2010

Arrrgh! I played with my resume in my San Jose office (I try not to call it "work"; too many negative connotations) until late...got home after 9:00 pm...played with my blog...got to bed after 11. Way too late for this girl who usually gets up at 5:30 in the morning.

Today I can play with my resume all day and all night so I've got plenty of time. I want to rewrite it so it works for external positions which is a whole different ball game.

Woke up naturally without an alarm (yippee) and lolled around in bed for a while...creating my day and sending warm thoughts to those I know and love.

Didn't feel so good...head hurt...mind muddled ('course, it didn't help to delineate and describe each and every twang I was feeling; it's just that it was so new 'cause I usually feel wonderful when I wake).

Decided to listen to 2, not 1, Abraham-Hicks Getting Into the Vortex meditations. Started with Physical Well-Being (oh yeah, need that) and then on to Relationships.

Whew! Feel MUCH betta. Head is clear, got some energy and aliveness back. That's what it's like, folks, when you're in the vortex.

Hmm. What would make me happy before I go to the office? A large organic light-roast coffee from Coffee Cat, with a dash of cream for the cat (me). Mmm. And I think I'll stop by Scramblz for brekkie. Woo hoo! Now I'm happy.


BREKKIE AT SCRAMBLZ.  I love this place. It's so fun and fresh. Silly signs on the wall, a big screen TV.

It's 9:30 on a Saturday morning. The place is slammed so I pick a spot at the counter.

Being the friendly sort, I ask the guy next to me if what he just ate was any good.

Guy:  Yeah. Scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns.

Me:  Great. [I study the menu]

Guy:  [hits me on the shoulder three times] Are you the surprise date I've been expecting?

Me:  Uh...no. [studiously search the menu as if the meaning of Life lies somewhere between the frittata and the pancakes]

Waitress:  Are you two together?

Guy:  [hits me on the arm] See?!!

Me:  No!

Guess I better crank in that Universal love I'm feeling 'cause clearly this guy is mistaking it for earthly love.


A young server wearing antlers prances by. She wedges herself into the crowd of nine other servers looking for their orders on the pick-up counter. She lifts up one plate and sets it down. Picks up another plate and sets it down. One of the seven line cooks hands her a plate. "I love you, Pascual," she yells. "Woo hoooooo!" say the cooks, elbowing each other and laughing.

So many dishes crowd the pick-up counter that one crashes to the floor.  "Booooo!" yells the entire restaurant in unison.

I've never seen so many workers look so happy. And there are 25 of them working today.

They must really have a great manager and playful corporate culture. I want to work at a place exactly like this, except not in a restaurant, not serving food and not being a waitress.


SAN JOSE OFFICE. I work on my resume for several hours and then start to feel really bad. The lack of sleep has caught up with me. BUT I HAVEN'T FINISHED MY RESUME YET. I call on my etheric team of three.

Me:  I don't feel so good. I'm really tired [whimper]. My head hurts [whimper]. Help.

3:  Turn down heat. [I crank down the heater under my desk]

3:  Drink more water. [I gulp down a glass]

3:  No more caffeine. [whimper]

3:  Darkness. [I close my office door and turn off the lights]

3:  Quiet. [I pause Pandora on my laptop]

3:  Rest. [I sit in my chair and lean my head back, but it's uncomfortable and my neck starts to hurt]

3:  Lie down [whimper...I lie on the floor, using a file folder as a pillow, knees bent to ease my lower back]

3:  Rest. [whimper] It is alright. [whimper] Relax. All is well. [sigh]

Me:  I want to tell my friends about this. What do I call you? I call you "3", but that might be confusing to them. Humans need a word they're familiar with. It helps them personalize you. Let's see. I know there are three of you. The 3 Muscateers? No, no; that's not right. Triangle? Too geometric. 3 Amigos? Sounds like a spaghetti Western. How about 3MeO, like in Star Wars, but different?

3:  Trinity.

Me:  [squirming] But that sounds religious. I'm not religious. I'm spiritual.

3:  We know.

Me:  [squirm]

3:  Think of the Trinity of your favorite movie, The Matrix.

Me:  Oh.

3:  We see you like the feel of it. She is strong and loyal; always there in times of goodness and bad; quiet, yet offers good guidance.

Me:  Yes. Trinity. I'll call you Trinity. Thanks.

Trinity:  Relax.

Me:  [sigh]

Trinity:  Stop. Do not meditate. For where you are in this skill, you use your mind.

Me:  OK. No meditating. But I need to...

Trinity:  Lie still.

Me:  But I need to work on my resume and I have to have something ready for David when I talk to him next week because...

Trinity:  We remind you that it is you who set this schedule.

Me:  [humpf...they work on me for a while]  I'm cold.

Trinity:  The chills you feel are energy, not coldness. We will increase the heat.

They work on me some more. Chills course through my body; up the right side, down the left; across my middle, across my back; there is tiny threads of tingling in my head.

I don't know how long I was down. 5 minutes? 10 minutes? I notice I feel good, and have more energy and comfort in my body. Back to the resume.


REALIZATION.  Over the years, a number of people have suggested that I journal to capture thoughts and insights. I remember reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and she suggested it as well.

I'm not journalling...I'm not writing every day...I don't have the time.

Hmm. I now carry a small note book with me everywhere so I can catch fleeting thoughts before they take wing and disappear. I scribble while driving the curving mountain road to the office, while standing in line at the grocery store, and every night on my blog for at least an hour.

I'm smiling. I love laughing at myself.

So...what about you? What has the Universe gently suggested to you that you have long ignored? Hmm?

May insights surround you today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment