Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the Wings of Eagles

Friday, December 17, 2010

OBSERVATION. AS I DROVE TO WORK THIS MORNING, I SAW A POT HOLE IN THE road. I kept looking at that pot hole and thinking "don't hit the pot hole" and I kept my eye on that pot hole and kept thinking "stay away from that pot hole" and what did I do? Ran right over that darn pot hole.

NOTE TO SELF:  If you want a smoother ride in life, focus on the road, not the pot holes.
CONSIDERATION. A group of birds wheeled through the air above me. I love to look up!

I remember when my ex-father-in-law was robust and active. He'd bike all over town and would proudly proclaim, "I've found $37.28 on the ground so far!"

I wonder how many sunsets he missed?
INSPIRATION. I was chattering away at Bill and bubbling over about something when he said, "You remind me of a bible quote:  You will soar on the wings of eagles."


Yes! That's how it feels. I feel like I'm soaring and lifted by Spirit. I can see forever and everything looks so beautiful from up here.

I catch sight of something interesting and my head turns slightly to better focus on it. This tiny gesture adjusts my direction toward what I am wanting. So easy. So effortless. So fun!
REALIZATION. I was talking to my brother the other day and I saw him wince. I know his neck and upper back is hurting him since he slept wrong on the plane coming out here. At that moment, I felt a pain shoot through my upper back and neck and thought, "Uh oh. I better see Julia [my non-force chiropractor]."

The next morning, I was in severe pain. Luckily, Julia had an opening around noon. Sometimes I suspect she might skip lunch to see me. I love that woman.

She checked my body and asked it questions. Sure enough, she found the pain was related to Johnny and was tied to my childhood and seven issues, things like obligation, duty, etc. She worked on clearing that and on my body for a long time. When she finished, I felt mucho better.

ME:  So, how can I stop picking up other people's pain?

JULIA:  See people and the solution to their problem right in front of them, within easy reach. And see them reaching out for the solution.

ME:  Uh. You mean, without my help?

Guess I have some residual I-Am-The-General-Manager-Of-The-Universe-And-I-Will-Single-Handedly-Save-The-Entire-World Syndrome. [sigh]

What about you? What do you think you have to do that maybe you don't need to anymore?

May clarity surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment