Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The 3-Day Cleanse (book)

I LOVE WATCHING MOTHER WAKE...BLUE-EYE SKY BLINKING OPEN, A SOFT BREEZE her yawn. 


REALIZATION.  Up at 5:30 this morning to take Johnny to the airport. I realize how much I've missed my morning commute and my time of focused creating.


THE 3-DAY CLEANSE BY ZOE SAKOUTIS & ERICA HUSS. This is one of my fav books. There are lots of books on cleanses out there. I like this one because every juice I've tried is wunnerful! I'm crazy about the Grapefruit-Strawberry-Mint. 

This book is not about denial. It's about enjoying the pleasures of good food.


I also like it because it's one of the few juice fast books that recommends making a nut milk and drinking that as your last drink for the day. It fills you up and makes you less hungry in the morning. 

I've done this fast several times in the past. I've never felt hungry.

And, strangely, I've never had any low blood sugar dizziness during the day, even though I haven't eaten any protein.

It's a bit easier to do the fast during the summer when fresh fruit abounds, but with a little creativity, you can do it in the winter, as well.

There's also a quiz so you can identify whether you should start at Level 1, 2 or 3.

I usually start at Level 2 (Level 1 means your fav vegetable is French fries; Level 2 means you belong to a gym, but you just don't go; and Level 3 means you chase your organic cocktail with a shot of wheat grass).

Here's the menu for Day One:

1.  Greens with Apple.
2.  Pineapple-Mint.
3.  Spinach-Blueberry-Apple-Lemon.
4.  Watermelon. 
5.  Greens with Apple. 
6.  Easy Cashew Milk.  

I started juicing a little late so this is everything I ate today: 
--  Greens with Apple Juice at 10:30 am.
--  Popcorn at the movies (oopsie!).
--  Pineapple-Mint Juice around 4:00 pm.
--  I skipped the other 3 juices since I started so late in the day and I'm not hungry and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the popcorn.
--  Cashew Milk (I made it myself; it's easy and the recipe is in the book) at 7:00 pm.

My brother, James, and Baba had ribs and macaroni salad for dindin.

I'm glad I'm fasting. My body feels happier already. It needed a break from all that holigrazing and sweets.

Oh. Wondering why anyone would cleanse in the first place? There are lots of reasons. I like to every now and then (with a goal to do a short cleanse every month) to give my digestive system, liver, kidney and skin a break, in a beautiful way. No water-only fast for this girl (they're dangerous).

What do you do to get back on track after the holidays?

May health surround you,


Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment