Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scramblz ****

Friday, December 3, 2010

B ILL, SHAWNDA, STEVE (SHAWNDA'S HUBBY) AND I MET FOR OUR FIRST BREAKFAST Club Meeting at Scramblz...just another way we're trying to balance the stuff going on at work with more fun.

Scramblz is not the usual tired cafe serving a boring breakfast. This place if fun and they make everything fresh and from scratch, including their OJ and crepe batter. My friends arrived before I did, but I found them sitting on the school bus in the middle of the restaurant.


The menu looked like a morning newspaper and was packed with all kinds of yummy food. I ordered a fritatta filled with potatoes, peppers and and crunchy bits of smoky bacon, topped with mozz and feta cheeps, with a scoopful of marinara sauce. But that's not all; you get to choose 2 sides. For me, Half Grapefruit Brulee with a crunchy sweet topping over fat, sweet pink fruit segments and a delicate crepe lightly scented with lemon. All for $11.99. The portions are huge so it's really a bargain.

The waitress was as fun and fresh as the food.

I'll definitely go back there again.

Stop by sometime. Scramblz is at 5055 Almaden Expressway in San Jose. They're open Monday-Friday, 6:30 am - 2:30 pm and Saturday-Sunday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm. You can call them at 408-269-2900.

What's your fave brekkie spot?

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment