Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Splish, Splash, I Was Taking a Bath

BILL TOOK A DAY OF VACATION YESTERDAY AND IT WAS AWFULLY QUIET AT work without him. I'm going to miss him when I'm gone. Oops! That didn't feel good. Bad feelings are a warning that I'm focusing on something I don't want and therefore creating something I don't want and making something I don't want come to me. Quick! What's the opposite? I love talking to Bill every single day. I have lots of friends I enjoy interacting with every day. We laugh and have fun every day. [Whew! That was a close one and almost snuck by me.]
INSPIRATION. There I was, driving the windy mountain roads of Hiway 17, minding my own business (OK...OK...and also minding the traffic), when I get an idea about drawing a cartoon cat. She's really cute. I can see what she looks like, the color of her eyes, and I give her a name. I imagine developing a cartoon strip around here.

I've always said my life would make a great sit com and that I had plenty of material for a script writer. I sure know a lot of characters. Amazing! One day ago, drawing a cartoon was not even in my consciousness and today it seems so possible. The more you imagine, the more imaginative things come to you.

FUN STUFF. We had our annual White Elephant Gift Exchange today. We hold it at a nearby Mexican restaurant and have been doing it for yearzzz. With a $5 gift limit, most of us wind up digging through our garage looking for a "gift."

There are different versions of the game. Here's ours:  You pull three numbers so you get three chances to switch-and-grab a gift from the table or from someone else. When you run out of numbers, you keep the last gift.

I've noticed that my dear friends are a lot like crows:  drawn to all things bright, colorful and sparkly.

Trick 1.  Wrap your present outrageously and creatively on the outside to hide the junk inside.

Trick 2.  Watch Bill like a hawk to see what he brings and then avoid it like the plague.

Here's the gift everyone was fighting over:  Santa taking a bubble bath, scrubbing his back with a towel, kicking his legs and singing "Splish, Splash, I Was Taking a Bath." I held Santa in a loving embrace for two minutes before he was ripped from my death grip by a greedy and vicious co-worker who shall remain unnamed.

What made you laugh today?

May smiles surround you.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment