Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Huffy Missy

TODAY'S QUOTE FROM THE ABRAHAM-HICKS PLANNING CALENDAR (see Abraham-Hicks.com > Store > Calendars > Planning Calendar/Workbook)..."When you understand and trust the Law of Attraction, and when you are effectively making strong, clear statements of what you want, you will find yourself surrounded by those beings who enhance that wanting.

If you will trust that you will experience only that which enhances what you want, then you will not be so likely to look for flaws within those individuals that surround you. Then you will expect the relationship to be one of enhancement, and you will allow it to be that way."


INSPIRATION. Whenever I read a new concept I want to remember, I find ways to repeat it over and over again in a short period of time. It helps embed it into my being.

I like the idea that everything is here to enhance my experience. So as I drove, I practiced that thought. [driver in a white Toyota] you enhance my experience...[driver in a black truck] you enhance my experience...[driver in a silver CRV] you enhance my experience...[three birds flying] you enhance my experience...[and a partridge in a pear tree].


Overhead, a swath of baby blue cuts across diaper white clouds. A rainbow played peek-a-boo in the sky.

Rainbows remind me of abundance. Something good must be coming to me.


I am in awe of Kim. She spent 2 days baking 3 kinds of Christmas cookies for everyone. Bill brought them to work and I got 2 bags (yippee!). Shh! Don't tell anyone. This is just between you and me. [whisper]...come closer...closer... I ate 9 cookies in 10 minutes. But It's OK. They were tiny. Hmm. I think there are a few more left. [tip toe toward table]


Yesterday's Chinese fortune:  Remember this day. Three months from now something wonderful will happen to you.

Today's Chinese fortune:  The coming month shall bring you much happiness.


I was talking to Bill, who mentioned his nephew was in college and shared a room with friends. Since they don't have much money, they live on rice. Plain rice. Growing up poor, I know ways to extend a meal with rice. There's Spam and rice, hash and rice, soup and rice... 

BILL:  You were never poor...

ME:  YES I WAS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW POOR WE WERE AND WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO GROW UP WITH AN INSANE FATHER AND DON'T TELL ME WHAT I WAS OR WAS NOT...

BILL:  [shock...silence...then mad laughter as he runs to grab his iPhone] Wow! I've never seen you mad before. I've got to get this on a video.


After slamming the door in Bill's face, he searched the internet to find an Abraham-Hicks quote as a peace offering:  "So, if something has hurt you and you're working to forgive it, you are activating it. Forgiveness is almost exactly the same, [Wow! Bill is really good at making this stuff up!] in fact we would say it IS exactly the same as saying, "I'm going to deactivate this thing that's hurt me." And we would say, the reason that it doesn't go very far and the reason that people struggle so hard with the idea of forgiveness is because they keep digging up the stuff that they don't want and keeping it active in their vibration so that they have a stream of people they have to forgive. [Wait a minute. This is a real Abraham-Hicks quote]. So we would give forgiveness a new definition. We would say, the ultimate way of forgiving is really forgetting; and the ultimate way of forgetting, really is by remembering something you want to remember."

As I was leaving for the day, Bill makes me pinky promise we are OK.

Pinky promise.

How can you stay mad at someone like that?

NOTE TO SELF:  If you had not cut Bill off, he would have said, "You were never poor because you had a loving mother and brothers to support you."

Hmm. I rarely have a hissy fit. I need more sleep and less shopping.

Who makes you laugh, even when you don't want to?

May laughter surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment