Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An Honest Friend

WHITE DISK MOON IN AN INKY SKY...DARK PINE MONSTERS LOOMING IN THE MIST.


Traffic slowed to a crawl through the mountains this morning. Yay! More time to deliberately create.


Today's quote from Abraham's calendar (see Abraham-Hicks.com > Store > Calendars > Planning Calendar/Workbook):  "A CRITICAL SOCIETY. You live in a society where much criticism abounds. Through your television and radio and newspapers there is much more searching for disharmony than there is searching for harmony. There is much more criticism than praise. But you need not participate within that attitude, and in fact, you must not, because you are seeking harmony.

The negative emotion that you feel as you listen to those broadcasts, or even as you listen to the negativity of a friend, is a very powerful signal to you from your Inner Being letting you know that, in that moment, you are miscreating.

As you learn to move through your day, seeking joyous emotion, and you begin to recognize, at the early stages, whenever you are experiencing a negative emotion, and then you deliberately change your thought, which will change the emotion--you will then be upon the path of continuous deliberate creation."

This is my third year through the calendar. And this quote was one of the biggest Aha's I've had. In the past, I thought when I was upset about someone, it was because they obviously did something that was bad, wrong or rude. And then I realized it was not about their behavior, it was about me focusing on something I did not want...and that anger/frustration/annoyance was Me saying to me:  Hey! Stop that! You're looking at something you don't want and that's going to bring more of what you don't want. Look at what you do want.

And that changed everything...in my life...what comes to me...how I feel in the moment...and also how I feel about others.

Now I see others as people helping me clarify what I want so more of those good things come into my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


BILL:  Blah, blah, blah...AND DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR BLOG.

ME:  [silence]

BILL:  Blah, blah, yakkity yak, blah, blah...AND DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR BLOG.

ME:  [smiling]

BILL:  Blah, blah, blah, yak, blah, yak...AND DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR BLOG.

ME:  [OMG. What have I done?]

Have you ever done something that resulted in someone adjusting their behavior and it makes you cringe a little knowing you contributed to it? 


May honesty surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment