Saturday, February 12, 2011

Living a Beautifully Better Life

AH, SPRING IS HERE! THE WEATHER IS WARMING. CAN YOU FEEL IT? MAKES ME want to dig in the garden.

Something beautiful near your front door is a thoughtful way to welcome guests.

All you need is a bit of dirt, flowers & a little thought. 

You'll remember that my house was painted recently. Since the colors have changed (taupe house, dark red door which I LOVE), I've had to rethink my front garden.

Today, I played in the dirt, working in organic fertilizer to make a soft, fluffy bed for my babies. Then I gently transplanted clouds of Snow Crystals Alyssum, pompoms of Polar Strawberries & Cream English Daisies and lofty groupings of Dutch Master Yellow Daffodils.

Aren't the English Daisies adorable? When I saw them at the nursery, I just couldn't walk away!


And just like any photo of Japanese relatives, always remember:  Short ones in front! Tall ones in back!

What are your favorite spring time flowers?

May blossoms surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment