Monday, February 7, 2011

Chavez Supermarket's Taqueria *****

OBSERVATION. A YOUTHFUL SUN PLAYED PEEK-A-BOO, SHIFTING BEHIND PORTLY pines and regal redwoods.

 

INSPIRATION. Abraham (of Abraham-Hicks.com) reminded me that "words do not teach...true knowing comes from life experience." Understanding this, I lecture my daughter less, trusting she will learn in her own way and at the perfect pace. Understanding this, how perfect that teenagers do what they do. Understanding this, I can let go and trust that all beings are wise and wonderful.

I like seeing myself as a stimulator of thought rather than a dictator of thought.

What about you? Who do you lecture? Who do you not trust?


BILL SUGGESTED THE CHAVEZ SUPERMARKET TAQUERIA FOR LUNCH TODAY. OMG! It was soooo authenticallly Mexican. The Supermarket itself was clean and spacious. What a beautiful meat counter.

And right next door is their little Taqueria. There's a vertical rotisserie of roasting meat...just like in Mexico, where they shave off slivers of beef. YUM!


They have a full menu and daily specials. The portions are huge.

It was so hard to decide what to get. I settled on the Moresqueta Plate. Amazing! Tender little riblets smothered in a smooth red sauce over a little bean (yes!) and lots of rice (YES!), topped with Crema Mexicana and Queso Blanco (white cheese), all for $5.99 and it'll last me 3 meals.


And I washed it all down with Hibiscus Flower agua fresca (it's like juiced fruit and nothing added).


I can't wait to go back. I want to try the Carne Asada French Fries (oh, yeah!).

It's behind the Outback Restaurant, at 646 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, CA, 408-226-1452, open 7:00 am - 9:30 pm (every day?). Looks like they've got six locations (see ChavezSuper.com).

Try it. You'll love it!

May abundance surround you,
 
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment