Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

ABRAHAM-HICKS DAILY QUOTE:  "Flawed Premises Can Attract True Unwanted Evidence. Flawed premises that you have picked up along your physical trail can fall by the wayside, one by one, and you can return to the understanding that is at the core of that which you are. (But in order to discover or understand a false or flawed premise, you have to stand back far enough and reconnect with who-you-really-are before you can see it.) If you were to hear a false premise again and again, until you yourself began to believe and repeat it, now your own activation of the contradictory Vibration would interfere with your own sense of intelligence, and you would begin to attract evidence of your lack of intelligence, in effect proving the false premise to be true. And so, it becomes increasingly hard for you to call this a 'false' premise when the evidence seems to be telling you that it is true, for over time you come to believe it is true."

I used to have a flawed premise that "you have to work hard." It was the way I was brought up. And you know what, I was right, work was hard. And then I decided that I could work joyfully and still get things done and be successful. Life is much easier now.

And I used to have a flawed premised called "hurry up." It seemed I was always running around here and there and rushing around the house. Then I realized that I had an underlying belief that "there's not enough time." That's a lie. There is enough time. And I get to decide how I use it. A Santa Cruz bakery has a sign above their door and it's a good reminder to me: 

How about you? What flawed premise do you live your life by? 

Bachan asked me to check the "computah" to find out what the Year of the Rabbit means. Maybe you’d like to know, too.

But first, let’s start with a few quotes from my favorite rabbit, Bugs Bunny.
-- Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive.
-- Gee, ain't I a stinker?
-- I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law!
-- Jumpin' without a parachute? Kinda dangerous, ain't it?
-- Shhhhhhhh! I'm about to defy you.
-- I'll be scared later. Right now I'm too mad.
-- The way I run this thing you'd think I knew something about it.

Now back to the meaning of the Year of the Wabbit…er…Rabbit.

The year of the Rabbit should be a placid year since people will acknowledge that persuasion is better than force. We can recover from the difficulties of the ferocious year of the Tiger. Good taste and refinement will shine on everything.

A congenial time in which diplomacy, international relations and politics will be given a front seat again. We will act with discretion and make reasonable concessions without too much difficulty.

We will need to be careful not to be indulgent. The influence of the Rabbit tends to spoil those who like too much comfort and thus impairs their effectiveness and sense of duty.

Law and order will be lax; rules and regulations will not be rigidly enforced. No one seems very inclined to bother with these unpleasant realities. They are busy enjoying themselves, entertaining others or simply taking it easy (whew!). The scene is extremely calm and quiet. We will have a tendency to put off disagreeable tasks as long as possible.

Money can be made without too much labor (woo hoo!). Our lifestyle will be languid and leisurely as we allow ourselves the luxuries we have always craved for. A temperate year with an unhurried pace. For once, it may seem possible for us to be carefree and happy without too many annoyances.

Sounds good to me!

May wabbits surround you and your loved ones this year,

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment