Friday, January 7, 2011

Chinglish

ABRAHAM-HICKS CALENDAR QUOTE (see Abraham-Hicks.com > Products > Calendars > Planning Calendar/Workbook):

Your influence is far more than one on one. As you are living happily ever after, you are a vortex through which pure Non-physical Energy flows. And the more you allow pure Non-physical Energy to flow into this time and place, the more the vibrational level of your planet is raised. So that more beings, even when they are not asking openly, can begin receiving this influence.


Have you noticed that when your calendar is full that you do not get influenced to distraction by what everybody else is doing? It is the same with your thoughts--if you are not deliberate about what you are thinking, then you can be swept up with that and that and that...and then your lif becomes confusing.


As you think, you feel. As you feel, you radiate. And All-that-Is (physical and Non-physical) is affected by your offering. That is your power of influence.


Your own experience is most affected by your own influence.


REMEMBER TO CREATE A GMAIL ACCOUNT SO YOU CAN ENTER THE CONTEST I'LL ANNOUNCE MONDAY!
I was listening to Pandora.com (free internet radio) and I saw an album cover called, "Pure Will Akerman." I like that thought.

Think of the millions of musicians over the ages. All of them unique, playing different instruments, in their own way, creating music. So unique that each has his own style. A style that is recognizably different from another musician.

I like thinking that each of us non-musicians is unique as well, so much so that we are "pure Me." Our "song" is the life we live, our "album cover" the evidence of our actions.



Alexis made me lunch today. She decided that for the month of January, we'll be pescatarians. It's kinda like a vegetarian, except we'll eat seafood, but no meat. She wants to try and avoid wheat, eggs & dairy, too. 

I'm not a huge meat eater so this is not a big stretch for me. I've been juicing a lot since the holiday. Funny how quickly the body gets cleared and cleaned and used to things. I hadn't had meat for a while & I tasted a chicken dish Bachan made. YUCK! The flavor of chicken was soooo strong, I almost gagged. It's not that the chicken was bad, it's just that my body isn't used to the flavor any more.

Getting back to the lunch Alexis made me:  brown rice with an ume boshi (pickled plum), sauteed J. mushrooms, miso soup with tofu & daikon (J. white radish).

She packed it in a J. bento box (compartmentalized lunch box). I LOVE THESE THINGS! I'm going to look for a cute (many are ugly), Japanese (not the ones made by Americans), adult-size (not kiddie size) bento box for me.

I love that girl! She's my personal chef and my favorite daughter.


Bill & I have an importer friend named Peter, who travels often to China. I saw a book & couldn't resist getting it for Peter for Christmas:  More Chinglish--Speaking in Tongues by Oliver Lutz Radtke.

"Chinglish" is what you get when the Chinese translate and mangle English. One sign on the cover says:  You can enjoy the fresh air after finishing a civilized urinating. I wish I had read the book before giving it to Peter. Would that have been wrong?


What funny signs have you seen somewhere in the world?

May smiles surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment