Friday, January 14, 2011

The Green Hornet **** (movie)

I'M BAAAACK! WHATEVER I HAD, IT'S JUST ABOUT GONE. I'VE BEEN LAYING PRONE in bed for days and sat up for the first time today. I was tired of looking at my bedroom ceiling and thought I could manage to sit up in a theater for a while. Finally. Got out of the house. Watched a fun remake of the comic character, The Green Hornet.



Forget Britt Reid (party-boy-turned-vigilante played by Seth Rogen). I loved his sidekicks!

1.  LOVED Jay Chou, kung-fu-master-fighter-makes-the-best-cup-of-coffee sidekick, Kato.

2.  LOVED Black Beauty, a 1966 Chrysler Imperial Crown, arsenal on wheels:  machine guns in the door jamb, flamethrower in the radiator grill. Black, shiny, has a deep growl. You got the picture.

These comic remakes that have been so popular the last several years make me want to read the originals. Hmmm. Might be interesting to look up. Lemme see...

Looks like the Green Hornet started out as a radio show in the 1930s, film serials (short films) in the '40s, comics since the '40s, a TV show in the '60s starring Bruce Lee (guess I missed that) and finally it's very own feature film this year.

Overall:  a rollicking good time and fun flick.

May varoom-varoom surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment