Monday, January 17, 2011

Boom Boom! Cards

GOT UP AT 5:30 THIS MORNING...GOT DRESSED...GOT COFFEE...FILLED UP THE CAR with gas...drove to work...the traffic was light...pulled into the parking lot...not many cars...walked into the office and checked my email...cleared out a bunch and noticed an announcement from the company..."this is a reminder that Monday, January 17, is a holiday..."  Well, that explains the light traffic...back in the car and drove home.

What to do? I've got lots of energy and the day is young! Mmmm! An organic lox and cream cheese bagel sounds good...went home...washed my sheets...cleaned a corner of my room...organized my little chest of cards...wrote Shawnda a thank you note...made a list of things I'm giving away this year with a goal to give one thing away a day...put several things in my give-away pile...put away some clothes in my closet...looked up the source of my special bed pillow...chatted with a neighbor...drafted my blog for today...threw out some garbage...talked to Bill on the phone...cleaned my bedroom floor...took some photos for my blog...drafted a future blog post...took some things downstairs and stored them in the garage...cleaned off my credenza...dusted my bedroom...cleared off my vanity...contributed to my fav charities. Hmm...it's not even noon yet! Amazing what you can do with an early start and some energy. 


I'M SOOO EXCITED. I FOUND SOMETHING CALLED "BOOM BOOM! CARDS--BE KIND, TRACK IT ONLINE" (see boomboomcards.com).

The original edition includes preprinted cards, You've been Boom Boom'd Post-It notes and a little carrying bag. Their other editions are:  family (what a great way to bring your family together), teen, green and everyday.

We all want to do good things in the world and these cards make it easy and fun!

Here's how it works. You complete the underground act of guerilla goodness that's on the card > leave a Post-It note for your recipient, if you'd like > post your experience online (text, pix or vid) > pass the card on to someone else.

Here's what's different. Each card's unique ID number makes it possible to follow every card that's played. Since you give the card away after you're done, it could travel around the world! It's like tracking your $1 bill, only better.

LOVE THIS COMPANY AND PRODUCT!

The Boom Boom! Revolution is a social change company on an audacious mission to transform the world for the better. They create contemporary, fun and engaging products that build community and improve humanity, as well as champion the belief that doing good is not only cool, it's the thing to do.

I love knowing this is a small local (Santa Cruz) company created by everyday people.

And I love knowing I'm one of the 5,902 Agents of Altruism doing good in the world.

May boom boom surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment