Sunday, November 28, 2010

Driving Miss Lazy

I am normally a very calm person. I have very low blood pressure. In fact, if it was any lower, I'd be dead.

So it is unusual for me to feel nervous and anxious and fearful.

I reserve these feelings for whenever I am in the passenger seat of the car that Alexis, my 25 year old daughter, is driving.

"Slow down! Brake! Can't you see that the car 15 cars up is braking?"

Now I know she's young and has lightening-fast reflexes. Yet somehow, I feel anxious.

Solution:  I now joyfully climb into the front passenger seat, tuck a pillow behind my head, and lower the seat back so I'm prone.

Now the only view I have is the blue sky and the fluffy white clouds. Ahhh!

She's not driving Miss Daisy. She's driving Miss Lazy.

What do you do to keep your sanity while your child is driving a car?

May calmness surround you.

Warmly,

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment