Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How Generous the Universe

Today...I decided not to awaken at 5:30 am...6:30 sounds better.

My eyes open before the alarm goes off. I don't wish to waste this day so I listen to a couple guided meditations by Abraham on their new Getting into the Vortex CD. What a nice way to start the day.

After getting ready, I walk out to my car. Alexis left the windows down over night so the inside of the windows are wet with dew. I open the trunk for the squeegee and find several dollars in change. How generous the Universe.

I am usually kind to Self, but today I take extra care...I feel tender and a bit fragile.

I stop by Jamba Juice as a treat and order my favorite creamy fruit blend, topped with granola and bananas. Several people get their orders before me and so I ask about it. Somehow my order never showed on the computer screen so it was never made. How strange...things like that don't happen to me. A perky young woman quickly makes my Topper...apologizes several times...and hands me a "Free Smoothie" card. Ahhh...I see. How generous the Universe.

I am working in my office when Bill rushes in...insisting I dial his wife for a 3-way call. With great ceremony, he hands me a rolled up paper, much like a diploma tied with a thin red ribbon. They've been searching for my birthday gift since June...and have been frustrated because I kept buying things for myself before they could. Kim was deteremined to find something I hadn't bought yet. She'd been following the Abraham-Hicks seminar schedule for months and pounced on the Well-Being Workshop the moment it was offered...it's scheduled for February of next year. My birthday and early Christmas present all rolled into one. I LOVE IT. How generous the Universe.

I met Grandma Betty (my ex-mom-in-law) for lunch. She was late and flustered since she missed the freeway turnoff and became confused. We enjoyed lightly-battered eggplant and chicken with snow peas at Mandarin Gourmet. She gives me a beautiful, black wallet as a late birthday present. I like it...it's very pretty. How generous the Universe.

I walk Betty to her car, pointing out uneven places in the sidewalk. She spies a penny and bends down to get it...taking a few moments to get back up. "A penny for your wallet, but it should be $10." No...the penny is found...it will bring good luck and fortune (never give an empty wallet). How generous the Universe.

My cell phone rings and I don't recognize the number. I usually don't answer, but this time I did. "Hi, this is Ray. How's your day going?" I usually hang up, but this time I respond: "I'm doing great. What can I do for you, Ray?" "Well, I noticed you bought a couple domains from Go Daddy & I wanted to review what you selected." I usually get annoyed, but this time I keep listening.  "Yeah. I just wanted to make sure you didn't over pay for anything."  I almost fell off my chair. Who ever calls you after a purchase to see if you over paid? Ray decided I didn't need those 5 email addresses I paid for since I get 1 free one with each domain. He credits my account $29.88...and waits a moment to make sure it goes through. How generous the Universe.

My current job is disappearing; they're laying me off. It would be easy to focus on that and what I will no longer have.

But that would be a reaction...taken without thought.

I want to live my life consciously...deliberately creating the good things I want.

I have so much already...a loving family (we never fight), wonderful friends that make me laugh, a reliable car in like-new condition, a beautiful home that welcomes me.

I have learned today that if I am patient and hold love in my heart, all unfolds before me at the perfect pace...in the perfect moment...generously...abundantly.

I need not struggle or try to make things happen. That only leaves me exhausted...and really, if I look at the past, it doesn't work very well. I will no longer do that.

I am beginning to accept...and allow...and believe that only good things come to me. There is so much evidence for that.

It does not matter what others think. This is my life.

It does not matter how it looks. Only time will show how resources of the Universe conspire to bring me goodness.

And with that comes Trust, who steps quietly forward and takes my hand.

Tell me, what do you believe?

May abundance surround you today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment