Friday, November 26, 2010

The Joy of Screwing

Johnny was up at 7:30 working on the bathroom remodel.

I helped him tear out drywall, wrestle the old tub out and handed him tools.

At one point, he handed me the electric screwer or drill or whatever it's called, so I could unscrew the drywall. Boy, was that fun! Hearing the whine of the drill. And so satisfying when that screw comes out of the wall. Who knew screwing could be so fun? This has got to be the best kept secret. These really are toys for boys. And I want some! Maybe I'll get a bigger drill. Do I need one? What would I screw? Or maybe some other big thing that I plug in that makes a lot of noise.

There was so little room to maneuver that tub, it took me and Johnny two hours to get it out.

Bill came over. It took him and Johnny two minutes to set the new tub. It was a miracle from heaven. I just don't understand how they did it.

I'm really impressed with Johnny. He worked quietly all day, he was pleasant to be around and he's so patient. He never cursed, yelled or threw anything. I just tried to stay out of the way and help when I could (OK, so I did bring in a lot of golden light, and some white light, then some blue light and green light for good measure, then yellow and a little purple). The tub looks great. Tomorrow we buy faucets and such.

May you be surrounded with those who assist you willingly and with a smile today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment