Friday, November 26, 2010

Whispering

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I was up way too long last night and I'm dragging today.

                                                       ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Mother washed the earth last night and scrubbed the air squeaky clean.

                                                       ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

I pulled into my favorite gas station this morning. A tanker was filling the underground tanks with fuel. I felt a tiny hesitation inside me and drove through the station instead of stopping. It felt like a whisper without sound. A thought floated up that filling the underground tanks might stir up sediment that would go to the pump and then into my car...so I went to another station. I find the little promptings I get are quiet...like a gentle breeze blowing through me. They're so quiet, they're easy to ignore. It seems my mind likes to rationalize them away. But I prefer to listen to them. I think they're guidance. Maybe that's how superstition was born...people ignoring promptings and then blaming something outside themselves (like a black cat).

                                                       ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Did you see the moon tonight? Sometimes moonlight pours through my window and I like to sleep in her pearlescent shimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment