Saturday, November 20, 2010

Job Shift

I've been thinking what I might call my collection of blog entries. I remember reading a great book years ago called Legacy of the Heart: The Spiritual Advantage of a Painful Childhood by Wayne Muller. A great title with a great message. I believe there are spiritual advantages in my job situation.

You know how careful I am to focus only on the good. The word "layoff" does not fall into that category. I think I'll call the collection:  The Gift of a Job Shift. I like it. Wouldn't it be great if I published a book about my journey?

                                                      ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~  ~   ~   ~   ~

Rain washed my world today...how sweet the air.

                                                      ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~  ~   ~   ~   ~

Several weeks ago, the CRV's battery was disconnected for a few minutes. The clock hasn't worked since. For some reason, I can't reset it like I usually do by pressing the H and the M.

I took the CRV to the garage to have the left headlight and a tail light replaced. I asked Nick about resetting the clock and he said he needed the code (whatever that is). If I didn't have it, he'd have to call the Dealer on Monday.

While at home, I felt compelled to clean out the trunk of my other car, the Civic. Since I'm playing at being conscious and present in each moment, I carefully examined every item I found. There...tucked into a fat little manual...was a 2"x3" card with the code.

I don't know why the CRV manual was in the Civic. I don't know how that tiny card stayed in the manual without getting lost as it was shoved into bags and tossed around the trunk. And I don't know why I felt I had to clean out the trunk then (which is something I just don't do).

All I know is that I asked for help...and I was answered...with no effort on my part.

It reminds me of the Sun. It seems to rise and shine and set without any help from me. It's there all the time, even when I forget about it or take it for granted or can't see it. It just keeps doing what it does, but I think it's extra happy when I call on it to shine on me and when I say thank you.

P.S.  I picked up the CRV an hour later and Nick said "no charge" and he reset the clock. Things just get better and better.

May you be surprised with unexpected gifts today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment