Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Got up early this morning. Me, Alexis, Bachan and Johnny piled into the car and were on the road to Sacramento by 8:00 am. Very little traffic. 

My middle brother, Randy, lives there with his wife Patti (the most amazing scrapbooker on the planet and my bestest friend ever) and my nieces, Jenny-Penny and Ambergini.

I was thinking I'd do Thanksgiving dinner, but Alexis thought our little family get-together would be pitiful now that Jichan (my step-dad) is gone. And she thought Johnny would like seeing the girls.

So the Asian horde descended on Sacramento. Patti (the white girl of the family with Ohio roots) made an amazing dinner. Jenny whipped up spinach with crispy shallots and an asparagus dish. Patti's Mom brought the fluffiest mashed potatoes I've ever seen (the secret:  a stick of butter and a brick of cream cheese). Alexis got the drumstick and we sampled three different desserts.

We went around the table:  I am grateful for my loving family. I'm grateful we're all pretty healthy. I grateful ebree ting (Bachan).

We used the wii to sing karaoke songs from Glee, Season 1. I can only pray the vids don't make it to YouTube. We were so bad the dog was howling and shaking her head.

Then we went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. FUN! I won't tell you anything about it in case you haven't seen it yet. Can't wait to see Part 2.

The drive home took over three hours because of traffic. Tired, but happy. It was a really great Thanksgiving.

I hope you had a long list of things you are grateful for this year.

May bounty surround you today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment