Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Love At Work

Today...I was thinking about yesterday...and all the abundance that flowed my way.

What if I decided ahead of time what I wanted? Hmmm...today I want to see the goodness of the Universe.

A cloud of sadness hangs in the air at work. People are silent...heads down...as they walk into the building.

I am an empath and feel their feelings...so I ground myself and surround myself with golden light.

A couple guys stand near the break room door. I sense they want to talk...so I stop and ask how they're doing. They're OK. Not bad. Doing the best they can. "Let's try to think of one good thing today," I say. We decide we are happy because we woke up today; a lot of people didn't.

I pat a back. I squeeze a hand.

The company email announcing the lay off was very business-like. I suppose that is to be expected. Full of facts...and information...and numbers.

But we are people...we are not numbers.

We feel pain...not your logic.

These people...my people...need to talk...just talk...such a small thing to ask.

Where are the managers? Who can offer comfort? But I don't suppose that's part of anyone's job description.

I am not a manager. I have no authority, but I am human. And I can let these people know I care.

And so I ask a few questions, but mostly listen...visiting break rooms a couple times a day...just to check in...ask how they're doing.

I have little offer, only my time and attention and love. I flow a little golden light around each person as I hug him...hoping it may ease his pain, give him comfort, and maybe clarity on the best course of action for him.

I will not miss this job or this company, but I will miss the people. They are my people.

I pray each finds a task he enjoys doing...where he is valued and appreciated...working for good pay...at a good company...with good benefits...a good boss and good co-workers.

Most of all, I wish them love.

And I find that love returns to me.

People visit or call me as the word gets around that our area is closing down. They say, "It was an honor working with you and I want you to know I love you." Not just one person, but five in one day. And I have told others that I love them (it's not like they're going to fire me for sexual harassment).

None of us would have ever said "I love you" to a co-worker. And now we do. What a wonderful gift that is for all of us.

What would you say to someone at work if you could?

May love surround you today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment