Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gratitude At Work

Today...I want to focus on gratitude.

Wisps of pink, cotton candy clouds streak across a baby blue sky...thank you, thank you, thank you (I am inspired to say "thank you" three times based on Wayne Dyer's movie, The Shift). My car (a 2001 Honda Civic) is in perfect working order and like-new condition...thank you, thank you, thank you. There is an abundance of free-flowing traffic ("traffic" is a positive because I imagine millions of people driving to good jobs at a good company for a good boss and good co-workers doing good work for good pay with good benefits in a good environment)...thank you, thank you, thank you. A few trees are aflame with color and stand out against the evergreens...thank you, thank you, thank you. The air is fresh and clean...thank you, thank you, thank you. I get to commute through the mountains so I have time to focus on what I am wanting...thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have my very own office with everything I need...thank you, thank you, thank you. I have an electric stapler that punches through stacks of paper...thank you, thank you, thank you. My computer is so reliable; it saves me time and makes my job easier...thank you, thank you, thank you. Pandora plays only music that I love...thank you, thank you, thank you.  I get to see Bill, my very best friend, (don't feel hurt; I have several best friends; my best friend at work, my best friend in the family, etc.) every day and talk about anything I'm thinking and feeling, knowing he'll accept it, that is, of course, after he mocks me and makes me laugh...thank you, thank you, thank you.


DECISION

I've decided to stop making lists. I used to have several lists, all organized and categorized, with hundreds of things to do. As I started to make a list for my blog, I realized that those old lists were based on an old inspiration of my old self at an old time. This blog is different. It's based on my instantaneous and spontaneous thoughts and feelings, not stagnant stuff. So I'm leaving my lists behind for now, trusting I will be inspired to do the right thing at the right time.


OBSERVATION

I have forgotten to eat dinner for several days now (not to worry, I've got enough stored body energy to last me a while). My mind has been on the important, rather than the immediate. I think that as I lighten my spirit, mind and heart, my body seems to follow.


INSPIRATION

Writing this blog has clarified my purpose. I realize now that I was born to inspire, uplift and love.


REALIZATION

I always looked at the internet as an information tool. Now I see it is a powerful creation tool. When writing my blog, I am flooded with hundreds of ideas and thoughts and things I want to try and do and explore and share. All of that is creating...making things better...doing things differently...trying something new. THAT is what living is all about...that excitement, energy and fun. I want to LIVE, not be alive. I want to FLOURISH, not just exist. I want to LOVE, not hold it in.

I was carrying around my Getting Into the Vortex book like a bankie. I realized I don't need to have it with me all the time. I've absorbed enough information and it's inside me if I need it (and besides, my purse was getting heavy).

I used to reads lots of how-to books. I may have a hundred books on marketing and starting a business. I realized I'm not drawn to them right now. I don't want to read what someone else has done; maybe they did it the hard way, not the heart way. I want to stop hoarding hardbound information that may be old by the time I get to it. I don't want to think about what I might do...could do...should do. I just want to DO...what I'm guided to...based on inspiration, not obligation.


VISUALIZATION

Good-intentioned friends offer me advice:  stay safe, stay close, stay comfortable. But when I think about what I really want, it doesn't match the possibilities here. I don't want to settle. I sense that path leads to stagnation and, for me, the death of Spirit.

For now, I'm going to state what I want and put it out there to the Universe. And then wait a bit and see what guidance I receive and what comes my way. The company has changed; well, so have I. I want more this time. I want different.

This is the kind of place I imagine working at:  I work for a good company. I like the company and the product we make. I'm proud to tell people I work here and I love handing out my business card. I love my job, helping people work better, through training, documentation, or whatever else works best. I have a variety of tasks and I'm always gently learning new things. I like and respect my manager. He knows what he's doing. I respect him and he's easy to talk to. He acknowledges, values and appreciates my contribution. He understands what I do and supports me fully. He is fair, honest and personable. I love the people I work with. We work well together and have fun, too. I know I make a difference here.

May gratitude live in your heart today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment