Monday, November 29, 2010

No Coinkydink

W ORK.  JOEL, THE PHONE GUY, CALLED ASKING FOR INFORMATION  ABOUT MY phone. Guess we're all getting new phones. Why? Most of us won't be here come March.

                                                                      .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

INSPIRATION. Went for a short walk at work. Just a few birds on the power pole, icy air, blue skies. Said hello to the pine trees. One dropped a needle right at my feet. I walked past it a few steps and then turned around to pick it up. It not nice to ignore a gift.

Sat on my bench and gave thanks to all the trees. Breathe in clarity, breathe out gratitude. The trees waved to me and I waved back. Sitting on the bench; the sun behind me and the shade before me. Whispering:  Much like the duality of man...or anything really...two sides to a coin. Is one side better than the other? No. On creates the other, one exists with the other, one exists for the other. It is the contrast of each that helps us appreciate the other, so both are good. You have only to decide which way to face:  light or dark, sun or shade.

I practiced breathing. In 123 out 45678. I want to breathe like that all the time without thinking.

As I walked away, the breeze blew my path clear leaving only a brown, burgundy, yellow and orange maple leaf. I picked it up to join the pine needle on my desk as a reminder of Mother's gifts. Thank you.
                                                                      .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

CONFESSION. Bill gave me a baggie of Cheetos. I popped several into my mouth as I waked to his desk to remind him I eat organic food. He said, "uh huh" and pointed out the glow-in-the-dark yellow ring around my mouth.

Alright. I admit it. I have a weakness for crunchy, salty, oily stuff. We don't have chips in my house (obvi!) so whenever I go to a party, I sidle up to the chip bowl...and stuff them into my mouth...two fisted. It's really embarrassing.

                                                                      .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

DECISION. It takes conscious effort to create positive feelings in this work environment. If thought creates (and it does), then I need to focus on a good work environment (not one that is dying), working with happy people (not sad ones), in a growing company. I've decided to keep working on this.

                                                                      .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

REALIZATION. I noticed Bill had an eye twitch on his right eye early this morning. At 11:51 am, I had an eye twitch on my right eye. This can't be a coinkydink. "How much of this twitch is mine?" (love this question that Peggy Black taught me). 0%. "I return this to where it belongs. I transmute it to light and uplift it to love." Result: My eye twitch disappeared and hopefully so did Bill's.

                                                                      .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

CREATION.  I have found one of the quickest and easiest way to imagine what I want is to open up a Word doc and start typing with no regard for punctuation or grammar. I write until there's nothing left. For example, "I want to work at a company that I'm proud to work at that does good work that has a great reputation and treats its employees with honor and respect doing work that makes a difference that is appreciated..."

                                                                      .:*~*:._.:*~*:.

OBSERVATION.  It is true. Time is relative. And flexible. It moves so slowly when there is nothing urgent or important or interesting to work on. Yet when my mind is occupied, time quickens. Today I looked for important little tasks to focus on. I like to play games with myself to see how fast I can complete them or I look for ways to do them faster (such as eliminating a key stroke here or there). I'm easily entertained, but then again, I'm also really happy and time passes more quickly.

What little tricks do you have to make time pass quickly?

May you work with purpose today.

Warmly,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment