Friday, November 26, 2010

The Best Brother Ever

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm off work today.

My baby brother, Johnny, is here for Thanksgiving, and on Thursday he's going to remodel my bathroom. It's so horrifying, I don't even want you to see a picture of it. Oh, wait. I don't know how to download a photo yet. Well, I'll learn how and at least show you the "after."

As a treat, we stopped by Starbucks for a fancy holiday coffee. I got a small (you can tell I'm not a Starbuckian since I didn't call it vente or tall or whatever the heck it's called) Caramel Brulee Latte. Yum! Johnny wanted a fancy coffee and a sugar cookie. As I got ready to pay for his goodies, he said, "You don't have to do that."

Cathy:  You're remodeling my bathroom for nothing.

Johnny:  I'm your brother.

Cathy:  A brother buys you a pretty sweater. He doesn't buy you a new bathroom.

Johnny:  This one does.

Awwww! Isn't he wunnerful? I just love him!

                                                             ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

After I got that white envelope from my boss, just for a nanosecond, I thought about returning the bathroom materials for a refund. But then I decided: I've been planning this for a long time; the world is going to have to catch up to my dreams.

                                                             ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

May you stand by your dreams today.

Warmly,

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment