Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan Earthquake/Tsunami: Day 4

Monday, March 14, 2011

YOSHIO IS ALIVE! ! ! 

Michiko from across the street said her husband, Hiroshi, who is on business in Tokyo, found Yoshio's name on a website.

It said that Yoshio, his son and mother are alive and staying at his daughter's house just inland of Sendai.

We don't know much else, but we don't care. He's alive! Alive! Alive!

If he's at Sonoko's house, I know he has food, water and shelter. And he's warm and is surrounded by family.

Nobiru is almost 2 hours away from Sendai. He must have left home as soon as he got the tsunami warning. I'm sure he has quite a story to tell.

I'M SO HAPPY! ! !

We called Uncle Mako in Tokyo to let him know. Mako was surprised we found out before him. Uh, Mako has a wooden telephone.

May joyous news surround you,


Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Catherine, my name is Aaron Weisz, and I work for the television program 60 Minutes. I was wondering if you I could contact you about a possible story we are working on. My phone 212-975-4417 email: weisza@cbsnews.com

    Thanks,
    Aaron Weisz

    ReplyDelete