Thursday, March 3, 2011

Clean Start***** (book)

WATERY BLUE EYES CUT OUT OF CLOUDY MASK, the Sky watched me drive home today.

TODAY I looked up. A plane ascended, a bird descended; both beautiful. Patches of pale blue sky, dark brooding clouds; both beautiful. Bright streaks of sunlight, dark shadows huddling; both beautiful.

What contrasts did you see today, accepting them all?

INSPIRATION. I planted some cuttings of Golden Pathos and Spider Plant at the base of my office "tree." You may think it silly since I won't be there much longer, but to me it symbolizes life and growth.



CLEAN START. My fav cookbook right now is Clean Start--Inspiring You to Eat Clean and Live Well With 100 New Clean Food Recipes by Terry Walters.


She promotes a healthy, sustainable approach to eating clean and living well. None of that dry, tasteless food, but rather yummy, locally grown, seasonal food that's fresh and bursting with flavor.

Last night was a soup and salad night at my house. I made Kale, Sweet Potato & White Bean Soup****. Bachan said "wonufall". It is now her favorite soup. This is a great choice when you when you want a quick meal packed with flavor. The ginger and mirin give it subtle Asian undertones. I loved the Watercress & Fennel Salad with Blood Orange and Thyme Vinaigrette.**** Deep red, dripping-juice orange slices against the bright peppery flavor of watercress. Heaven! I know Spring is here 'cause I'm craving greens.

If eating clean and living well sounds good to you, go to Amazon.com and buy this book for yourself.

For mor info about Terry, see TerryWalters.net.

May vibrant energy surround you,


Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment